All Things Payments Founder and President, Marcie Haitema is a resourceful, results-oriented financial executive with more than 20 years experience in product management, operations, risk management, business and strategy development, complex project planning and execution, and solution set design and execution for Fortune 500, middle market, small business companies, as well as financial institutions – both large and small. Adept at increasing revenue, executing growth strategies, and building strong relationships. Excels in developing new business opportunities using traditional and alternative tools. Proven expertise in e-banking, automated clearinghouse (ACH) transactions, wire transfer (domestic and international), Treasury Solutions, payment conversion/convergence, and mobile payments.
- Overhauled bill payment product strategy from direct provider to Value-Added-Reseller. Led vendor selection effort, stopped revenue losses and achieved product profitability within 24 months.
- Achieved consistent double-digit revenue and volume growth, improved ROE to 248%, efficiency ratio of 61%, and shareholder value added growth. Reduced unit costs by 75%.
- Launched five new product lines—international expansion to 31+ countries in Europe, Latin America, Asia.
- Successfully launched Six Sigma program that achieved revenue growth of over $300,000 in the first year and led JP Morgan Chase in the U.S. to become first ACH business to be ISO certified.
- Consulting CEO of a payments consulting practice that specializes in strategic and tactical advising to highly diverse markets and companies. Key accomplishments include:
- Co-developing a strategic plan for another payments start-up company targeting the small financial institution market often over looked by payment providers due to high sales acquisition costs.
- Knit together a unique set of electronic payment and information products from leading SaaS providers allowing smaller financial institutions to sell multi-channel- traditional and alternative payments with minimal market entry costs with maximum speed to launch. Positions financial institutions to reduce costs, consolidate relationships, increase speed to market, and obtain more tools to compete against large banks while limiting its risk and capital investments in the rapidly changing and often uncertain payments landscape.
- Products included: Gift, prepaid and reloadable cards sold and maintained via brick and mortar, kiosk, internet and mobile devices (using email address or mobile phone number); merchant services; multi-channel on-line banking; ACH, wire, remote deposit capture; end-to-end image-based check processing. Sourced key vendors and establishing relationships of electronic products and services that included outsourcing of sales.
- Negotiation of all contracts, co-trained sales force prior to launching business.
- Remain a product advisor to company
- Provided ACH rules and operations advise to an FI who inadvertently duplicated a large ACH file enabling the FI to recover 95% of funds stemming from errors.
- Development and execution of training courses for back-office and data center staff on the electronic payment business essentials to close key product knowledge gaps. Training was critical for staff to understand the close relationship between job responsibilities and customer impact in order to improve problem and error resolution incidents. Course and its delivery received the highest marks possible for quality and value.
- Provided large governmental agency with strategic market analysis, advising on strategic plan development and key product/market opportunities that include detailed product plans and execution project plans.
- Provided ACH expert witness advice and testimony for companies involved in electronic payments litigation.
- Assisted large regional payment association in launching a social media educational website providing content and on-going sourcing material that included important payments articles, key studies/whitepapers and other documentation geared to keeps its members informed and up-to-date on current payments issues and trends.
Electronic Funds Transfer & Wholesale Demand Deposit Accounting Experience
At U. S. Central Federal Credit Union, managed payment operations, member service desk, and product and project managers. Built strategy consensus among 28 member Corporates, U.S. Central Board of Directors, Supervisory Committee, Credit Union Special Organization’s, and NCUA (regulators). Achieved product profitability within 24 months. Led project to convert ACH back office processing platform; handled RFP, vendor selection, contract negotiation, and project oversight. Selected CheckFree’s PEP+ software and created profitability plan (growth and expense reduction). Grew Origination volume 27% in 2006.
Implemented Directo a Mexico, a program for worker remittances to Mexico. Created turnkey member ACH and International Wires marketing kits. Led consolidation of all front-end access systems into single portal. Elected to NACHA Board, served as Director for Mid-west Payment Exchange and Chairperson of NACHA Rules and Operations Committee.
Electronic Funds Transfer & Wholesale Demand Deposit Accounting Experience
As SVP Wholesale Demand Deposit Accounting, managed a global DDA $89M business settling over $4.5 trillion daily, with 150 employees. Achieved 192% ROE and 67% Efficiency Ratio. Launched Global DDA business case, aligned programmatic resources to client base and oversaw $4.5M price increase. Led proof and control operations’ automation, consolidated Control Room that reduced direct expense $500,000. Launched Internet Statement product and partnered with Controlled Disbursement to integrate offerings.
Treasury Solutions & Customer Service Initiatives Experience
At JP Morgan Chase, (New York City, Chicago, San Francisco and Tampa, Florida), responsible for $150M business processing over 3 billion transactions annually with 240+ employees. Managed consolidation and three corporate mergers, established quality management and improved customer satisfaction ratings. Led EFTS through cultural change and reduced disaster recovery capability time from 12 hours to 2 hours then instant fail-over processing. Launched award-winning electronic receivables service, initiated check conversion and WEB, TEL product offerings. Developed cohesive, value added payment strategies and solutions. Achieved highest ratings for financial and risk management.
As VP Insurance and Healthcare Division, Chase Treasury Solutions, directed $40M business for 25-person unit that included sales, product management, and operations. Achieved 10% revenue growth plan. Designed global receivables and payables outsourcing strategy and program, designed and directed exit strategy from poorly performing investments—shut down $12M healthcare receivables joint venture, exited $2M workers compensation alliance and a $20M healthcare receivables structured finance operation.
Maintained annuity base in excess of $6M with a new business budget of $1.2M, managed individual portfolio, achieved 102% individual plan goals, won President’s Club in 1996. Created global financial business opportunities, consolidated clearing for international credit card company and directed three winning projects generating revenues over $4.5M.
All Things Payments, Liberty, MO 2011–Present
JBD Consulting, Liberty, MO 2010–Present
U.S. Central Federal Credit Union, Shawnee, KS 2005–2010
Executive Vice President, Correspondent Services
JP Morgan Chase, N.A., Tampa FL, 1992–August 2005
Senior Vice President, Division Executive
Electronic Funds Transfer Services, Treasury Solutions, 1997–2005
Senior Vice President
Wholesale Demand Deposit Accounting, January 2003–June 2004
Vice President, Insurance and Healthcare Division, 1996–1997
Vice President, Sales Manager-West Coast, 1994–1996
Vice President, Treasury Consultant,1993–1994
Vice President, Senior Product Manager,1992–1993
Chase Treasury Solutions
Chemical Banking Corporation, N.A. New York, NY, 1986–1991
Assistant Vice President
Financial Services Division, 1986–1991
Large Corporate Market, Chicago, IL, 1990–1991
Business Development Manager
Electronic Collections and Disbursements, 1989–1990
ChemLink Electronic Cash Management, 1988–1989
Account Reconciliation Services, 1986–1987
Bachelor of Science, Economics/General Management, Russell Sage College, Troy, NY
23 Spanish Credits, Semester in Seville, Spain
Honors: Dean's List, Omnicron Delta Epsilon
Board Representative 1997-2005; Re-Elected for 2007-2009
Director for Mid-West Payment Exchange (now EPCOR) 2005-Present
Chairperson of NACHA Rules and Operations Committee 2005-2007
Electronic Payment Network (EPN) Representative 1997-2005
New York City Co-Op Board, Former President and Vice President
Development Volunteer--Maine Adoption Placement Service
Global Days of Service Senior Leader 2003
Senior Leader to Employee Activity Committee, Hispanic, Working Partners & Administrative
Assistants Networking Groups.
Professional Incentive Plan Champion-- Promoting awareness and embrace of bonus program
that included frequently communications and creation of a video that was the highlight for TS
Leadership Day activities.